Sunday 17 October 2010

The last of the Home Grown

Ridge Cucumbers. Small, Fragrant & Sweet.
These were the last pictures I took of the veg I was growing in my back garden.
There's a great deal of satisfaction being able to pick something from your own garden and bring into the kitchen for everyone to eat!
This year I tried growing the most I've ever attempted before. I failed with my courgettes, squashes, and sweetcorn..none of which produced anything edible.
Things which I did have success with were, Rhubarb (lovely in crumbles and pastry tarts), potatoes, tomatoes, runner beans, cucumbers and peppers.



Tomatoes..easy to grow & usually sweet.
Tomatoes are one of the easiest to grow..or at least one of the most commonly grown vegetable. They crop easily and abundantly with just a little feeding and watering. The also taste far nicer and sweeter than any shop bought tomato.

First time peppers. Very healthy plant & crops.
I just loved watching these peppers grow. It was the first time growing peppers and I most definately will be growing them next year. They were as easy, if not easier than tomatoes to grow. They didn't need staking as the stems were pretty strong. I hope to try a few other varieties of peppers, chillies included next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment