Friday 26 November 2010

One more day to go...

You will probably think I (we're) crazy going on about this event on Saturday, but I'm getting really excited. Its going to be the first ever event I and my sister have baked for, let alone sold for! (*OMG!!!*)
So the past few days leading up to this Saturday has been a slightly hectic one to say the least.
We've been shopping almost everyday & getting my mum to bring ingredients and other bits and bob. No doubt we will be treating her for all the hassle we've put her through.
A couple of minor disasters have occurred too, some nearly ending up with tears, and others in hysterics..(the latter at my expense..HUH!)
My sis is doing the majority of the baking whilst I'm focusing on fresh creamy desserts.
By the way, this event is holding 200+ attendees not including kids.
My sister has been up since dawn baking, whilst I am having to wait last minute to make my desserts as they will all contain fresh dairy and fruit somewhere or another, which I don't want going off. So I've been fiddling about making little toppings, and sorts for my desserts, and so I'm getting itchy fingers as I just want to get cracking.
It is exactly as my mum put it, that we will (and have been) "living and breathing this whole event up until the day comes" and then when all is done we will finally be able to live normal lives again! hahaha! SO TRUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment